Banana bread is so sweet andÂ delicious that I couldn’t possibly not give making it healthy a go. I have seen a few recipes of refined-sugar free banana bread that are technically correct with what they say on the label but the catch is they contain half jars full of nut butters or crazy amounts of maple syrup and honey. To give you an idea 1/2 cup of maple syrup contains over 400 calories! The whole point about being healthy and eating clean is of course to eat foods that are natural, but it’s also about having those foods inÂ moderation.
If you have a goal to lose or even maintain a healthy weight but you’re eating a loaf of banana bread, full of maple syrup every day (even if it is natural sugar) then it’s not going to happen. Hence I wanted to create a recipe that was not only utterly tasty but also guilt-free and actually healthy.
You can change the pecans for walnuts or any other nuts that you prefer but the crunch does gives a lovely texture to the bread so try them out. I love a big slice of this with an afternoon cup of tea, doesn’t get better than that!Â I hope you enjoy it and do tag me in your re-creations on @leanlivinggirl, I love seeing them and will share when I can!
- 4 organic eggs
- 4 bananas
- 1 tbs honey
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 heaped tsp nut butter
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 level tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ cup coconut flour (38 grams)
- 15 whole pecans (30g)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180â„ƒ
- Mash the bananas in a bowl
- Add the eggs, honey, nut butter, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar and whisk until combined and eggs are fluffy.
- Add the cinnamon, baking powder, vanilla essence and coconut flour and whisk again until combined.
- Break up the whole pecans with your hands, dropping into the mixture and stir.
- Pour the mixture into your loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes or until risen and set.
- Remove from the oven and place onto a cooling rack
- Slice and serve