Lean Living Girl’s Date and Banana Loaf!
I’m simply in love with all types of loafs. Whether that be banana bread, orange and cinnamon or pecan and pineapple … it really doesn’t matter too much what the flavours are. As long as they are baked well with quality, nutritious ingredients … you can bet I’ll be trying the lot!
They are just the best invention.
Easy to bake – super versatile – for any time of the day – andÂ stress-free to carry around for on the go snacks! This creation came after baking my “New and Improved Healthiest Banana Bread” and after seeing almost none of it myself, I decided to change up the recipe to add a little je ne sais quoi!
The dates add even more natural sweetness and work perfectly with the bananas. Some are blended up into the mixture so the taste goes throughout the loaf and some are chopped into chunks for a delicious chewy surprise! It’s a super moist loaf and so doesn’t needÂ to be drizzled or topped with anything for max taste. However if you like loading up then a few extra banana slices work really well or nut butter is another good option!
- 9 large dates
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 organic medium eggs
- ¾ cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 30g Walnuts, broken into pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180â„ƒ
- De-stone the dates and place 6 of them in a pot of simmering water for 5-6 minutes until soft.
- Drain the dates and add them to a blender along with the bananas and whizz until smooth.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl and whisk in the eggs.
- Add the banana and date puree and mix well along with the cinnamon, walnuts, honey, salt and vanilla essence.
- Chop up the final 3 dates into small chunks and stir into the mixture.
- Line your baking tin and pour the mixture in.
- Bake for 40 minutes until golden brown and cooked throughout.
- Leave to cool on a drying rack and then slice and serve!