Hi and welcome to my world! Used to be “LeanLivingGirl”, now good old-fashioned me :)
This blog is all about my love of healthy eating, fitness and travels around the world that surrounds it. I believe in a balanced lifestyle … one that means you can love your body, feel great and full of energy whilst not being restricted. Thereâ€™s no world-renowned chef here, just a massive foodie with an addictive sweet tooth and an even bigger appetite for health…an interesting concoction and one that I’ve learned to piece together very well. I’m also a qualified advancedÂ level personal trainer.
I grew up with a professional athlete as a mother – who, safe to say, was always in ridiculous shape – and a health-conscious father who knew everything there was to know about vitamins, foods, and the latest health developments all over the world. I was drinking flaxseed oil as a 6-year old and â€˜enjoying’ organic hot chocolate on sleepovers!
My lifestyle is very simple – I eat clean 80% of the time, fuelling my body with the foods it needs and wants and train 5-6 times a week. The remaining 20% of the time, I do and eat what I want. Just to clarify, the â€˜eat what I wantâ€™ does not mean gorging on quadruple layered cheese pizzas or having a 24-hour stint of downing choc milkshakes!
What it means is my life is not a strict regime: I donâ€™t count calories (although I am aware of what my food contains), I have cake at birthdays and red wine when Iâ€™m lucky enough to dine out at gorgeous restaurants. I have my rules that I stick to but not because my mentality is â€˜this food will make me fatâ€™, itâ€™s honestly because I canâ€™t imagine putting that stuff in my body knowing what it contains and how it will make me feel.
The recipes I share are my day-to-day loves and go-to’s that you can easily put together yourself to live clean and guilt-free. The fitness & nutrition section â€“ this is built upon my years of learning and own experience. Give it a goâ€¦it works! And hey if it doesnâ€™t, then at the very least it will help you build a healthier picture of who you are and what isÂ possible. I want to thank you in advance for spending any time with me as it is a commodity we are all short on!
If you want to get in touch then click here.